QMSI IS NOT ACCREDITED AT THIS TIME FOR THE OHSAS 18001 STANDARD AND THE ISO 45001:2018.
The implementation of this standard ensures the systematization of safety related activities and the optimization of the according processes. Additionally, it helps to achieve a structured improvement of legal compliance and framework conditions due to the use of transparent systems for the persons responsible, representatives and managers.
The awareness of Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) risks is reinforced and legal requirements regarding OH&S are verifiably met. There is an open information policy in terms of the development of OH&S and therefore a continuous improvement of occupational safety and health protection is achieved. Processes are reviewed systematically and according measures are defined, implemented, monitored and then assessed.
An organization certified according to the ISO 45001 standard inspires higher confidence in customers, suppliers, employees, authorities and investors. Many specifications of the ISO 45001 standard are similar to legal requirements. Therefore this new standard supports every ambitious organization in increasing its corporate legal certainty.
FOR WHOM IS THE ISO 45001 INTENDED?
ISO 45001 can be applied to any type of organization (large or small, profit or non-profit) that wants to show that the continuous improvement of working conditions (occupational health & safety) is considered an important goal. The management system will be simple for smaller organizations with a limited number of OH&S hazards and risks. The ISO 45001 standard specifies the frameworks, each organization determines their own implementation.
FROM OHSAS 18001 – ISO 45001
The ISO 45001 standard is the new international management system standard for occupational health & safety. This new standard was published on 12th of March 2018 and will replace the OHSAS 18001 standard as from March 2021.
IMPORTANT DIFFERENCES BETWEEN OHSAS 18001 AND ISO 45001:
- The ‘worker’ concept;
- The importance of leadership (accountability, strategic planning);
- A different culture regarding Occupational Health & Safety Management;
- Persons working under the control of the organization;
- The commitment regarding the ‘hierarchy of control’;
- More focus on competences instead of training needs.
For more information about the differences between OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001, we refer you to the enclosed checklist.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOUR CURRENT OHSAS 18001 CERTIFICATE?
Your current OHSAS 18001 certificate will be replaced by a DAkkS accredited ISO 45001 certificate. Because your current OHSAS 18001 certificate is not issued under accreditation, we will need extra information about your company. We therefore will send you a questionnaire. After receiving the filled questionnaire we can make you an appropriate offer for the ISO 45001 certification.
TRANSITION FROM OHSAS 18001 TO ISO 45001
You can perform the transition at two moments:
- During the re-certificationaudit: since a full investigation of the system will be carried out anyway, the extra time needed to look at the new standard will be the least significant;
- During a surveillance audit: more extra time will be needed to determine whether the new standard will be met.
REPORT AN ACCIDENT AND/OR INCIDENT?
Are you certified in accordance with the ISO 45001 and do you have an accident and/or incident? Then you are obligated to report this to us. Please click here.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF QMS INTERNATIONAL?
- QMS International offers the possibility of certification within 45 days;
- It applies a pragmatic and standard-based approach;
- An independent and ethical attitude;
- Qualified auditors for several ISO-standards with excellent knowledge of the industry and standard(s);
- Non-bureaucratic approach towards our customers;
- No unexpected costs and delays;
- Extensive worldwide experience with management systems.