ISO 9001 is an internationally recognized standard for quality management, ensuring that organizations have proven processes in place to meet customer requirements. ISO 9001 can be a cost-effective means to demonstrate to customers that quality assurance is of paramount importance to your organization. The major benefit that ISO 9001 ertification brings to most businesses is a significant competitive edge over their rivals.
A combination of ISO standards is possible. The structures of the ISO standards: ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 are identical to each other and allow you to integrate the ISO standards into one integrated management system (IMS). The audit can be carried out combined, leading to greater efficiency and effectiveness.
The following 10 chapters are covered by the High Level Structure:
- Purpose and scope
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Context of the organization
- Evaluation of performance
What is important in the ISO 9001?
At first glance, there are three elements that could greatly affect your system:
- Context of the organization – The organization must determine external and internal issues (read: changes and risks) which are relevant to its objective and strategical direction, and that affect its ability to realize the desired result(s) of its quality management system.
- Risk thinking – This element requires the organization to integrate the identification of chances and risks – that are relevant to the quality management system, the strategy, and the realization of objectives – in its system. These chances and risks may occur externally (the outside world) or internally (within the organization). Monitoring and evaluation of the information regarding these chances and risks is important.
- Less documentation requirements – No more required fixed procedures in ISO 9001:2015, but nevertheless a demonstrable execution (thus including documented information) of the associated processes.
In addition, the following subjects are important:
- Leadership and commitment;
- Internal audits and listening to employees;
- Management Review.
What are the benefits of QMS International?
- QMS International offers the possibility of certification within 45 days;
- It applies a pragmatic and standards-based approach;
- An independent and ethical attitude;
- Qualified auditors for several ISO-standards with excellent knowledge of the industry and standard(s);
- Non-bureaucratic approach towards our customers;
- No unexpected costs and delays;
- Extensive worldwide experience with management systems.
The following EA-codes covered by the DAkkS accreditation:
ISO / IEC 17021: 2015 – ISO 9001 – EA code: 17/2, 18, 28, 29/1, 33, 34/1, 34/1, 35 and 39.