ISO/IEC 27001 is an internationally recognized standard in the field of information security. With the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in Europe, the rules on data protection have been tightened up. Organizations are therefore expected to have their information security management system in good order. With an ISO/IEC 27001 certification you show that you meet all the requirements for information security and that you have taken measures against possible information security risks.
The standard imposes requirements on the establishment, implementation, execution, monitoring, assessment, maintenance and improvement of an information security management system (ISMS). By obtaining this certificate, you as an organization can demonstrate that you are effectively protecting information against unauthorized access and processing. This means that, in addition to the necessary precautions, you have drawn up an appropriate policy with regard to information security and that you are aware of the fact that you are dealing with information within your organization.
You can find more information on the subject of privacy management here.
A combination of ISO standards is possible because the ISO/IEC 27001 standard is based on the “High Level Structure” (HLS) just like the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards. This means that the structures of those standards are identical to each other and allow you to integrate them into one integrated management system (IMS).
FOR WHOM IS THE ISO/IEC 27001 INTENDED?
ISO/IEC 27001 is particularly suitable for sectors where security of business and personal data and otherwise sensitive data is required. But in principle this standard is suitable for all companies (large and small) that want to demonstrate that information security is essential to them. The ISO/IEC 27001 certificate shows that you have control over your information security management system and therefore offers security to the parties involved.
THE FOLLOWING 10 CHAPTERS ARE COVERED BY THE HIGH LEVEL STRUCTURE:
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Context of the organization
- Performance evaluation
WHY CHOOSE AN ISO/IEC 27001 CERTIFICATION?
- To demonstrate that your organization is a reliable party that handles personal data with care
- To demonstrate that the necessary precautions have been taken to protect sensitive information from unauthorized access and processing
- To demonstrate compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- To reduce information security risks and thus prevent incidents
- To meet the requirements of stakeholders
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF QMS INTERNATIONAL?
- QMS International offers the possibility of certification within 45 days;
- It applies a pragmatic and standards-based approach;
- An independent and ethical attitude;
- Qualified auditors for several ISO-standards with excellent knowledge of the industry and standard(s);
- Non-bureaucratic approach towards our customers;
- No unexpected costs and delays;
- Extensive worldwide experience with management systems.