ISO 18841:2018 is an international standard for interpreting services. This standard specifies the specific requirements that providers of interpreting services must meet. Obtaining this certificate shows that the interpreting process is carried out in a controlled manner and that the quality of the service is guaranteed.
Which process steps are mandatory?
In order to guarantee quality, the following aspects will be assessed in order to achieve ISO 18841:2018 certification:
- Codes of conduct;
- Relevant aspects before, during and after assignments;
- Qualifications related to interpreting;
- Competences related to interpreting;
- Professional development.
In addition, there are requirements for people and resources. This concerns the competencies of the employees and/or freelancers.
The ISO 18841:2018 is often combined with ISO 9001:2015 and/or ISO 17100:2015. Thanks to the structure of the standards, both management systems can be fully integrated. QMSI has auditors who can assess all these standards, which means that only one auditor is required.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF QMS INTERNATIONAL?
- QMS International offers the possibility of certification within 45 days;
- It applies a pragmatic and standards-based approach;
- An independent and ethical attitude;
- Qualified auditors for several ISO-standards with excellent knowledge of the industry and standard(s);
- Non-bureaucratic approach towards our customers;
- No unexpected costs and delays;
- Extensive worldwide experience with management systems.