ISO 18587 Post-editing of machine translation output certification
Since 2015 the ISO 17100 replaces the EN 15038 for the Translation branches. The changing market and changing requirements have led to an expansion of the ISO 17100, the ISO 18587. This norm focusses on the check of the post-editing of translations made by machines.
The ISO 18587 makes specific requirements on the post-editing process. These requirements appeal to the preparation, execution and completion of the post-editing of translations made by machines and the required competences and qualifications. With an ISO 18587 certificate the company proves that processes of the post-editing are mastered and carries out by competent employees.
FOR WHOM IS THE ISO 18587 INTERESTING?
The ISO 18587 is of interest to all companies that provide translation services.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF QMS INTERNATIONAL?
- QMS International offers the possibility of certification within 45 days;
- It applies a pragmatic and standards-based approach;
- An independent and ethical attitude;
- Qualified auditors for several ISO-standards with excellent knowledge of the industry and standard(s);
- Non-bureaucratic approach towards our customers;
- No unexpected costs and delays;
- Extensive worldwide experience with management systems.