ISO 17100:2015 is an international certification for translation agencies. This standard defines the specific requirements that providers of translation services must meet with regard to the deployment of people and resources, quality assurance, management systems, contractual framework, project management and service provision. The requirements stated in the standard apply to both translation agencies’ internal business processes and for the qualification of translators and proofreaders.
The standard defines the following issues:
- Basic requirements in the area of Human Resources and translation processes;
- Relationship between the customer and the provider of translation services;
- Procedures for translation services.
The ISO 17100 is often combined with ISO 9001 and/or ISO 18841. Both management systems can be fully integrated thanks to the structure of the standards.
What process steps are required?
In order to ensure the quality, the following process steps are required for the achievement of the ISO 17001:2015 certification:
- Last verification and publication.
Additionally requirements are made on the subject of resources, this relates to the knowledge and skills of the employees and/or freelancers.
What are the benefits of QMS International?
- QMS International offers the possibility of certification within 45 days;
- It applies a pragmatic and standards-based approach;
- An independent and ethical attitude;
- Qualified auditors for several ISO-standards with excellent knowledge of the industry and standard(s);
- Non-bureaucratic approach towards our customers;
- No unexpected costs and delays;
- Extensive worldwide experience with management systems.