ISO 14001 is an international certification for evaluating how well an organization manages its environmental responsibilities. When you are ISO 14001 certified, you demonstrate to your customers that you manage your environmental duties in a responsible manner and so reduce the risk of breaking the law and potentially being liable for large fines.
Also, many customers now require their suppliers to be certified in accordance with ISO 14001 environmental management system. The major benefit that ISO 14001 certification brings to most businesses is a significant competitive edge over their rivals.
The following 10 chapters are covered by the High Level Structure:
- Purpose and scope
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Context of the organization
- Evaluation of performance
What is important in the ISO 14001?
The new ISO 14001 will be more oriented towards environmental aspects of value chains and thus follow the trend to not only emphasize the environmental impacts of business activities but also the processes and the life cycle of products and services. Companies often find themselves in dynamic environments with the new challenges. The new ISO 14001 will provide more flexibility. The risks and opportunities associated with environmental impacts are just as important as the monitoring of environmental services along the value chain.
Objectives for the ISO 14001:2015:
- Improving the link between the environment and business priorities
- Greater transparency and accountability in environmental management
- Emphasizing positive contributions of standards for environmental management
- Explanation of the requirements for improving the environmental performance
- Strengthening the link between environmental management and the core activities at a strategic level
- Highlighting the LCA concept (Life Cycle Assessment) and the observance of the value chain with a view to identifying and assessing environmental impact of products
- Recording a request for the creation of external communication
What are the benefits of QMS International?
- QMS International offers the possibility of certification within 45 days;
- It applies a pragmatic and standards-based approach;
- An independent and ethical attitude;
- Qualified auditors for several ISO-standards with excellent knowledge of the industry and standard(s);
- Non-bureaucratic approach towards our customers;
- No unexpected costs and delays;
- Extensive worldwide experience with management systems.
The following EA-codes covered by the DAkkS accreditation:
ISO / IEC 17021: 2015 – ISO 14001 – EA code: 17/2, 18, 28, 29/1, 33, 34/1, 34/1, 35 and 39.